Thursday, August 28, 2014

Garden Beauties

I wish I could garden all year round. I love fresh veggies out of my backyard or a friends backyard.  However, unless you have a greenhouse, our mountain winters don't allow much growth for anything October-April. Even if you do have a greenhouse, most people put little heaters in there during the coldest months.  So the growing season up here isn't very long and it isn't very easy.  I got lucky this year, between my garden and some friends gardens we pulled in a lot of nice veggies this season. 



Purple pole beans from my neighbors garden

Grilled em right up...really tasty and they turn green once you cook them...pretty cool!


Gardening is a relatively new thing for me and I've really gotten into it. It's both therapeutic and rewarding. I'm looking forward to the next years growing season. 




No comments:

Post a Comment