Sunday, January 25, 2015

Homemade Pimento Cheese

NI never realized how much I liked pimento cheese until this last summer when we were at the beach.  We had been out on the beach all morning and for lunch we put out a huge mess of self serve snacks. Palmetto Pimento Cheese just happened to be one of our many snack selections.  I'm not sure why I decided to eat this pimento cheese, because I have always thought pimento cheese was kind of gross.   This stuff was amazing and thus started my love affair with pimento cheese.  Needless to say, I ate a lot of pimento cheese that week.  Which got me thinking that it's probably not that hard to make and that it'd be a relatively inexpensive snack.   Well, I was right.  It's basically cream cheese and shredded cheese mixed together with some pimentos. 

This took me all of 5 minutes to make. 


First you start off with about 4oz of cream cheese


Then take your hand mixer or standing mixer to soften up the cream cheese. 


Add in your cheeses. I used sharp cheddar and a mexican blend. 


Toss in those pimentos 


Mix all together on a low sitting and then your done. 
Yummmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment